I often wondered how people create the photos for all of these product reviews online and on YouTube. I saw a few kits on amazon that looked cool, but I’m sick of always having to spend a bunch of money to do small things that I can create myself. Here is what I did.
MUSIC BY RAPHAEL SAADIQ
This is my cheap DIY product photography setup
1. Buy 2 large black and white pieces of cardboard paper from the local dollar store.
2. Also Get some cheap clamps or clothes pins while you’re in the store.
3. Get some string and scotch tape
4. Aluminum foil (to reflect the light)
5. Use any small lamp or lighting you have in the house.
6. Use a TV table or plastic folding table
Put them all together and this is all you need to get yourself started. Here are some of the photos I took with my DIY setup.
Gear Used for Photos:
Camera: Canon 80D
Lenses: Canon 10-22mm, 18-55mm, 50mm f1.8